September 27, 2017 @ 12:30 pm – 5:45 pm
Ralph L. Carr Judicial center
2 E 14th Ave
Denver, CO 80202
Appellate Advocacy: A Primer
Join us for a Networking Reception After the Program!
Reserve Your Seat Now and Take Advantage of This Unique Opportunity to:
– Learn and hear from Colorado Court of Appeals Current and Former Judges as to What They Are Looking for and How to Best Respond
– Receive Practical Tips, How Tos and Insights Regarding Colorado’s Court of Appeals, Essential Appellate Practice Knowledge, Including Finality and Standards of Review, Oral Argument Fundamentals, Tackling the Record, Identifying Issues for Appeal and Crafting Arguments
Who Should Attend
– New Attorneys
– Attorneys New to Appellate Practice in Colorado
New Lawyers and Lawyers New to Appellate Practice in Colorado — Be Ready for Your First Appeal!
Attend this program, and hear from current and former Colorado Court of Appeal Judges as to what they are looking for and how to best respond. Plus, you will be introduced to, and learn the Court’s rules, procedures and processes. Practical tips, how to’s, insights, and more will be shared with you.
Register now! Don’t miss this unique opportunity to learn and hear from, and touch elbows with, your Court of Appeals Judges.
– Introduction and Overview of Colorado’s Court of Appeals by Chief Judge Loeb
– Tackling the Record, Identifying Issues for Appeal and Crafting Your Argument Efficiently and Effectively by Former Court of Appeals Judge and Current Appellate Practitioner Sean Connelly
– Essential Appellate Practice Knowledge, Including Finality and Standards of Review by Court of Appeals Judge Jones
– Oral Argument Fundamentals by Court of Appeals Judge Bernard
– Tours of the Ralph L. Carr Colorado Judicial Center
– Networking Reception at the Court — All Court of Appeals Judges and Supreme Court Justices Invited!